Who We Are
Urban Sketchers is a network of artists around the world who draw the cities where they live and travel to. Our mission is to "Show the World, One Drawing at a Time." Visit our main blog at urban sketchers dot org for more information.
Sketchers who live north of the San Francisco Bay in California share their drawings on this blog.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Contact UsFor questions about Urban Sketchers- North Bay, email dphock (at) comcast (dot) net.
Copyright NoticeAll work found here is copyrighted by the individual artist contributors. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material without written permission is prohibited. Please email us for permission to use any of the images or text.
USk-North Bay on Flickr
Urban Sketchers Communities
Tuesday November 26 is Charles Schulz Birthday and I’m planning on going to the Peanuts Museum at 10am to see Starry, Starry Night exhibit. Then afterward, I’ll have lunch in the Warm Puppy Cafe located at the Snoopy Ice skating rink. While there, I plan too sketch the table that Charles Schulz himself used to sit at every morning. Then I plan to sketch the ice skaters. Open skate is between 12:30-4:30 that day so there’s plenty of time for sketching. Anyone who wants to join me for a day of everything snoopy and sketching, is welcome. Although we are likely to be sketching indoors, the ice rink is cold so dress warmly. There is a $10 charge to get into the Museum and sketching the skaters is free (unless, of course, you want to skate then admission is $9). Please come and go as you like throughout the day. Hope to see you there!