It was a coincidence that, just after Richard announced the upcoming sketching trip at the Schultz museum and Snoopy’s Home Ice arena, I found myself sitting at A’Roma Roasters in Santa Rosa, looking out the window at Snoopy. He’s dressed here as a railroad conductor (you could recognize overalls from the front view) because he’s standing in the heart of Santa Rosa’s Railroad Square. I love seeing the painted Peanuts figures around town, and now I’m thinking it’d be fun to paint more of them. (And I just found a listing of some of their locations, here.)
Who We Are
Urban Sketchers is a network of artists around the world who draw the cities where they live and travel to. Our mission is to "Show the World, One Drawing at a Time." Visit our main blog at urban sketchers dot org for more information.
Sketchers who live north of the San Francisco Bay in California share their drawings on this blog.
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Contact UsFor questions about Urban Sketchers- North Bay, email dphock (at) comcast (dot) net.
Copyright NoticeAll work found here is copyrighted by the individual artist contributors. Unauthorized use or duplication of this material without written permission is prohibited. Please email us for permission to use any of the images or text.
USk-North Bay on Flickr
Urban Sketchers Communities