Our goal is to connect on-location sketchers in the region north of the San Francisco Bay in California. We invite everyone to participate in USk-North Bay by attending sketch events and sharing sketches on our group’s Facebook page and Flickr pool. Upcoming sketching events are listed under the “Outings” tab above. In addition, members are welcome to announce ad-hoc sketch dates on the Facebook page to invite other members.
To be added to our member list, please email Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post your sketches on these sites:
- The Urban Sketchers – North Bay Flickr group
- The Urban Sketchers – North Bay Facebook group
- The global Facebook group.
- The global Flickr group.
The only requirement for posting on those online forums is that the drawings be done on location, from direct observation, following the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto. Beginners with no artistic background whatsoever are welcomed and encouraged to participate, so please jump in!
As with global Urban Sketchers blogs, participating on the USK North Bay blog is by invitation. Sketchers who post on USk blogs are known as “correspondents.” They are invited based on the quality of their work, style, originality, and overall skills as visual storytellers. The goal is to make the blog as diverse as possible.
When a new blog correspondent is invited by the blog administrators, they are asked to agree to our shared commitment:
- To agree to adhere to the USK mission and manifesto.
- To post regularly–once a month minimum; more if possible.
- To attend and help organize local outings when possible.
- It is also suggested that anyone interested in becoming a USk-North Bay correspondent apply for membership in the global USK organization.